Original image by Oh Jamie
Why we love Parklife, in three simple points: a) We always have a wicked time (um Diplo last year was almost too good) b) It’s essentially the first festival of festival season, so it’s a wicked way to kick start the best time of year and c) Discovering new music. Maybe it’s just us but whenever we see a festival line-up we find ourselves trawling through the list of artists and sinking our teeth (plunging our ears?!) into new tunes. So in this spirit we decided to put together a Parklife specific mix tape to really get our heads around the sounds we’ll be dancing to on the day. To keep it fun, we mainly chose remixes and only chucked in a tiny smattering of non-Parklife acts. See you for a boogie on the hill!
Or, right click this link to download (which can sometimes take a few moments to start).
Full track listing and cover image after the jump:
1. Elephant | Tame Impala (Todd Rundgren Remix)
2. Outro from All Lifestyles | Beastie Boys
3. Hyperparadise | Hermitude
4. You’re The One | Charli XCX
5. Intro from Tunnel Vision | Cut Chemist
6. Youth in Trouble | The Presets (The Finger Prince & Light Year Remix)
7. Take a Walk | Passion Pit (Gold Fields Remix)
8. Higher | Ta-ku (Flume Remix)
9. Glinda’s Theme | Snow Babies & Quincy Jones (from The Wiz Original Soundtrack)
10. Vital Signs | Tame Impala (Midnight Juggernauts cover)