So often when we get inspired to whip up a mix tape we can start with one idea and very quickly swerve into another. Initially this was going to be a House Party mix tape and we were going to get all Girl Talk in your grill (well, maybe not quite as layered as his mixes!) but then slowly as the week progressed we kept stumbling across new Hip Hop gems and suddenly what was a very heavy, get your dance shoes on ASAP mix turned into a far more chilled journey through one of our favourite music genres. This mix tape will help you get your groove on. It’s chill, so you can play it in the studio but it’s also fun enough that it’ll suit pre-drinks and hanging out with your friends.
Yes it’s Hip Hop heavy but we break it up with some classics and some new magic. So in short, it’s a Hip Hop mix tape for people who might not think of themselves as Hip Hop Heads. And there’s really hardly any super heavy rap in it so if you’re feeling brave you could definitely play it to small children and puppies. Plus we chucked in some RnB because we’re only human. Hope you guys like it!
Or, right click this link to download (which can sometimes take a few moments to start).
Public Service Announcement,
Full track listing and cover image after the jump:
1. Daily Routine | Joey Bada$$
2. We’re in Love | Reuben Wilson
3. Memory Lane (Sittin’ in da Park) | Nas
4. To All The Girls | Beastie Boys
5. Building on the Cure | RZA Interview excerpt
6. Ridin’ | ASAP Rocky & Lana Del Rey
7. A Day to God is 1,000 Years | RZA
8. Yo Taylor! | Kanye West
9. Chain Heavy | Kanye West feat. Talib Kweli & Consequence
10. Accident Murderers | Nas feat. Rick Ross
11. High Summer | JJ (with excerpt from Drop It Like It’s Hot Snoop Dogg feat. Pharrell)
12. Thank You Kindly | Big K.R.I.T
13. Pyramids | Frank Ocean
14. Power Circle | Gunplay, Stalley, Wale, Meek Mill & Rick Ross feat. Kendrick Lamar
15. Public Service Announcement | Jay-Z